1. God performed the first marriage when He created Adam and Eve. Gen. 2:21-24.
2. Marriage is between one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others. Matt. 19:4-6.
3. Husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. Eph. 5:25.
4. Husbands are to love their wives just as they love and care for themselves. Eph. 5:28, 29, 33.
5. The above admonitions for husbands mean that men are not to beat nor abuse their wives under any circumstances. Rom. 12:10.
6. The husband is the head of the wife, or household, as Christ is the head of the church. Eph. 5:23.
7. Being the head of the wife, or household, does not mean that the husband is to boss or 'rule' over his wife. It means that God holds him first responsible for the well being and care of the marriage, as Jesus holds Himself responsible for His church. Eph. 5:28-31.
8. The wife is to submit to and respect her husband. Eph. 5:22. 33.
9. Both husband and wife are to love each other and reflect God's love for each other. John 15:11, 12.
Note: Submitting to, and respecting one's husband does not mean nor imply cringing or servitude as in domination. It means loving and respecting the husband as the one God put as the head of the marriage.
Desolation of the Earth/3
For All Jews/7