WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT:
1. It is a symbol of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Rom. 6:3, 4.
2. We are admonished to be baptised by Christ. Mat. 28:19.
3. Christ set the example by being baptised himself. Mat. 3:15.
4. God sent John the Baptist to baptise in the Jordan. John 1:33.
5. Baptism is the entrance to Christian fellowship. Acts. 2:37, 38.
6. Baptism must follow acceptance and belief in the Christian faith. Acts. 8:36, 37.
7. Baptism also succeeds learning and instruction. Mat. 28:19
8. The form of baptism taught in the Bible is that of immersion. Acts. 8:38, 39; Mat. 3:16.
9. Re-baptism is possible under certain circumstances. Acts. 19:1-5.
10. Under certain circumstances baptism may be omitted. Luke 23:42, 43.