WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT:
O B E D I E N C E
1. To obey is better than sacrifice. 1Sam.15:22
2. The Spirit sanctifies us that we may be obedient. 1Pet. 1:2.
3. We are to bring every act into obedience to Godís will. 2Cor. 10:5.
4. Jesus give us the power to have faith that will be obedient to Godís will. Rom. 16:25, 26.
5. We are saved by Grace, not by works of obedience. Eph. 2:8, 9.
6. Works are the fruit of our faith; faith without works is dead. James. 2:20, 26.
7. God gives us grace that we might obey the faith. Rom. 1:5.
8. Our obedience comes from the power of Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit dwelling in us. 1 Pet. 1:2.
Note: The Christian is not saved by obedience; but obedience is a result of the working of the Spirit in everyone who is born again. Our obedience is a sign of the love of Christ in us. Jesus said that if we loved Him we would show this by keeping his commandments. See John 14:15. Our obedience, therefore, shows that we have a commitment and union with Christ.
The Impending Conflict/3