SPEAKING IN TONGUES
1. Jesus promised his disciples that the Holy Spirit would give them the ability to speak in tongues. Mark 16:17.
2. This promise of Jesus was in the context of preaching the gospel to all nations of men. Mark 16:15.
3. This same promise is given in Matthew more completely. Mat. 28:18-20.
4. When the Holy Spirit was poured out on Pentecost the disciples spoke in different languages. Acts. 2:4-8.
5. Gentiles converted to Christianity also received the gift of languages. Acts. 10:44-48.
8. Daniel and his companions had to learn the 'tongue,' or language, of the Chaldeans. Dan. 1:4.
9. While tongues are an important tool for witnessing, this gift is not the most important; it falls at the bottom end in the list of gifts given to the church, and left out of the other gifts' passages in the N. T. 1 Cor. 12:10; 1 Cor. 12:30.
Selections From The Great Controversy Between Christ And Satan/6
Counsels On Diet And Foods/3
For All Jews/7