WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT:
1. The law of Ten Commandments points out sin. 1John 3:4; Gal. 3:24; 1Tim. 1:8, 9; James 2:9.
2. The law does not save anyone. Gal. 2:16.
3. The law is an expression of Christís and Godís righteousness. Rom. 8:1-4. Law keeping is essential not in order to be saved, but because God exhorts us to do so since we love Him. John 14:15.
4. Paul says the following of the law:
a. It is holy. Rom. 7:12
b. It should not be made void. Rom. 3:31.
c. We will be judged by it. Rom. 2:12
d. It is the doers of the law that will be justified. Rom. 2:13
e. It tells us when we are sinning. Rom. 3:20; 5:19; 7:7
f. It is spiritual and good. Rom. 7:14, 16.
5. The law is called the Royal Law, the Law of Liberty. James 2:8-11, 12.
6. When we love our fellow men we fulfil the law. Rom. 13:8, 10; Lev. 19:18.
7. When we love God we also fulfil the law. Deut. 6:5; Matt. 22:37-40