Tithing is a biblical practice which several churches practice to day. This consisted of returning to God a certain percentage of all one's increase. This practice existed before the Jewish nation ever existed. The tithe went to pay for the work of the Lord through the priests. Many churches feel that this practice is still valid today.
1. The tithe is equal to a tenth of one's increase. Lev. 27:32.
2. Abraham returned tithes to Melchizedek , ca. 2000 BC; this indicates that tithing predated Abraham. Gen. 14:20.
3. Jacob also knew of tithing and vowed to return tithes to God. Gen. 28:22.
4. God made this practice a law when he set up the Jewish nation. Lev. 27:30.
6. Even the priests had to return a tithe of their increase. Num. 18:26, 28.
7. The people were not always faithful in returning tithes and offerings. Mal. 3:8.
8. With holding the tithes and offerings from God would not bring God's blessings upon us. Mal. 3:8, 9.
9. On the other hand, if we are faithful in our tithes and offerings God will certainly bless us. Mal. 3:10.
10. Christ also encouraged the returning of tithes to God. Mat. 23:23.
Desolation of the Earth/3
For All Jews/7